Beginner Artist, My tattoo pen Seemed to have "cut" me?

Candygirl95

Hey Everyone so i have a delimea.

So i am a 28 year old female beginner artist, and i am currently learning the ways of the craft, but due to limited resourses i havent been able to get my hands on any practice skins witch has led me to start learning on myself. I wont lie. For someone who dont know what the hell they are doing most of my tattoos ive done look pretty decent... 

i guess i am still having problems learning the whole too much pressure/ right angle thing.

But recenlty i was in the processes of trying to finish this piece i created on my left thigh.. it is a heart and star combo design and when i was finished with the stars i went to proceed to start with the hearts... the first one i attempted , it literally right above to my knee cap to the left maybe 90 degrees, i went in and it felt like i just took a razor blade and carved my leg open. so i stopped completly cleaned myself up and thats exactly wtf it looks like ! it looks like i carved half a star in my leg ! but why didnt this happen with the rest of my tattoos or the tatoos i did on my right thigh? if this is common sense in the tattoo world i do apologize im just trying to learn ! thanks in advance!

tattoocut.jpg